MAY 12, 2008
- A clock stops at 2:28 p.m., Beijing time, among the rubble in Dujiangyan, Sichuan province.
MAY 14, 2008
- An aerial view of Yingxiu town, Wenchuan county in Sichuan province after the earthquake.
MAY 16, 2008
- A rescue team working in Yingxiu town, Wenchuan county in Sichuan province.
MAY 21, 2008
- A bouquet of chrysanthemum is laid on the ruins of Juyuan Middle School to mourn the earthquake victims in Dujiangyan, Sichuan province. The State Council declared a three-day period of national mourning for the quake victims starting from May 19, 2008.
?JUNE 10, 2008
- The bridge linking two sides of the urban area is destroyed in Beichuan county, Sichuan province.
- The video shows the rescue work after the earthquake.
RECOVERY EFFORTS IN FULL SWING IN 2009, WITH FOCUS ON REBUILDING INFRASTRUCTURE
?APRIL 29, 2009
- ?Reconstruction of public facilities such as schools and hospitals in Hongbai town, Sichuan province.
?JULY 2, 2009
- Building the resettlement housing for earthquake survivors in Nanbaoshan town, Sichuan province. By the end of September 2009, 85 households and over 400 people from Wenchuan county would move in to begin their new lives.
?SEPT. 11, 2009
- Middle school children play among the temporary school buildings set up on top of the old exercise area at Xiaogan Middle School in Deyang, Sichuan province.
EARTHQUAKE SURVIVORS START MOVING INTO NEW HOMES IN 2011
?APRIL 19, 2011
- People move into their new homes in Yingxiu town, Wenchuan county in Sichuan province.
?APRIL 23, 2011
- Resettlement buildings in a newly constructed area of Beichuan county, Sichuan province.
APRIL 23, 2011
- The photo shows a great highway bridge across the Zipingpu reservoir in Sichuan province. The old bridge collapsed during the 2008 earthquake.
QUAKE-HIT AREAS TAKE ON A NEW LOOK IN 2013, BUT NOT FORGETTING THOSE WHO PASSED AWAY
?APRIL 27, 2013
- The night view of Wenchuan county, Sichuan province.
?MAY 2, 2013
- The downtown area of the new Beichuan county. It has become the youngest county in China.
MAY 12, 2013
- Residents gather before a monument on the fifth anniversary of the 2008 Sichuan earthquake.
NEW INFRASTRUCTURE, COMMUNITIES AND INDUSTRIES TAKE SHAPE IN 2014, IN HARMONY WITH NATURE
MAY 7, 2014
- A bird's eye view of Wenchuan county, Sichuan province.
MAY 8, 2014
- ?An aerial view of Qingchuan county, Sichuan province.
MAY 9, 2014
- An aerial view of the agricultural industrial park in Beichuan county, Sichuan province.
PHOTOS IN 2017 SHOW REMNANTS FROM THE EARTHQUAKE, NOW KEPT IN A CONSERVATION AREA
APRIL 24, 2017
- The photo shows the ruins of the old Beichuan county in Sichuan province. Following the quake on May 12, 2008, the authorities set up a conservation area to preserve the ruins. It's believed to be the only earthquake conservation area in the world, attracting the attention of local people as well as visiting scientists from around the world.
APRIL 24, 2017
- Most of the downtown area in the old Beichuan county is covered in landslide.
?APRIL 25, 2017
- The ruins of Maoba Middle School. Only a flag pole and a basketball backboard were seen among the rubble of the school after it was flattened by falling rocks following the earthquake in Beichuan county, Sichuan province.
MAY 11, 2017
- The video shows the aerial view of the quake relics and newly built areas.
TEN YEARS HAVE PASSED, AND AFFECTED AREAS NOW THRIVE WITH SPRAWLING COMMUNITIES AND A LIVELY ECONOMY
?APRIL 4, 2018
- ?An aerial view of the new Beichuan county, Sichuan province.
APRIL 17, 2018
- The photo shows the playground of the Central Primary School in Qingchuan county, Sichuan province.
APRIL 23, 2018
- An aerial view of the new Hongbai town, Sichuan province.
MAY 2, 2018
- Women of the Qiang ethnic group make embroidery works in the new Beichuan county, Sichuan province.
MAY 5, 2018
- The video shows a comparison between 2008 and 2018 in areas affected by the earthquake.